Before now, have you been thinking about Intel’s rapid storage technology, how it works, what it means, and what its impact is in our day-to-day life?
You have come to the right place. In this article, I will explain all the Facts and Information based on my Research about intel rapid storage technology. To make this easier to read, I have divided this article into many sections to make you understand how it works. Although it provides you with a brief detail about this article in the upcoming paragraph
What is Intel Rapid Storage Technology
Intel Rapid Storage Technology is a software module that improves the efficiency of a Computer’s SATA Storage Devices. This software is based on the firmware known as RAID, which means (Redundant Array of Inexpensive Disks). Also, it protects our data from loss during storage disk failure. Moreover, it increases a driver’s performance and reduces power consumption.
The primary purpose behind creating an Intel Rapid Storage Technology is to make a system faster by combining all the storage drivers into a single line component. With the help of this technology, even if you are performing stress loading task in a system, you do not feel any significant slowdown in a system because it shares the data of many storages device into one device. It is a brief detail about this technology.
To enjoy this technology, you must have SATA SSD on your Computer.
Now the Question arises features of this technology? In the coming paragraph, I will briefly explain the quality of this technology, so stay here and enjoy the show.
Features of Intel Rapid Storage Technology
In the previous paragraph, I explained that this technology helps improves a system’s performance to a great extent. I want to share the most innovative features of Intel Rapid Storage Technology below.
Intel Rapid Response Technology
Intel Rapid Response Technology benefits you in that scenario where a system has more than two storage drivers. It analyses and picks all the most used files in the computer, then transfers them to the SSD on the computer.
In this way, it reduces stress on the system by sharing all the essential files to SSD that will have previously been kept on another computer storage device. In this way, it will create more storage space in another storage device except for SSD.
That’s why Intel Rapid Response Technology is one of the essential features of Intel Rapid Storage Technology.
Supports Multiple Commands
The second most important feature of this technology is that it supports multiple commands simultaneously, which directly means it enhances the storage device to optimize files when a user is carrying out various files simultaneously without dropping any system performance.
To enjoy the full potential of these features, Commands must use Native Command Queuing to enjoy this feature.
Supports RAID Technology
At the start of these articles, I explain that this technology is based on the firmware module named RAID. Raid is a Redundant Array of inexpensive disks that enables multiple storage drivers to perform together to improve the system’s performance. It shares the data with the numerous storage drivers of the system. Whenever we want to access these features, all the system drivers work together on a single task, and it helps us to access the data faster and faster.
Intel Rapid Storage Technology contains a total of 4 RAID levels.
- RAID Level 0 means Stripping
- RAID Level 1 means Mirroring
- RAID Level 5 means Striping with parity
- RAID Level 10 means Stripping and mirroring
Synchronous SATA Disk Drivers
Serial ATA and Data Centre SSD are different from each other and have their capabilities to perform a task. Still, with the help of this technology, it combines Serial ATA and Data Centre SSD to make a more enhanced single storage device. This way, they can even handle errors in the system as well as data recovery.
Matrix RAID Technology
This is also one of the essential features of intel rapid storage technologies because it combines all the storage devices inside the computer. This array of storage is created inside the system. Therefore, two independent storage volumes can be used, which are much faster.
All the files used in daily life are stored in the first part of storage to access those files more and more quickly, whereas other files are stored in the second part of the storage.
This is one of the unique features of this technology.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Intel Rapid Storage Technology
In this section, I would like to share some advantages and disadvantages of this technology. Because every technology has its benefit and its penalties to some extent. In such an incoming paragraph, I would like to explain all advantages of Intel Rapid Storage Technology and its Disadvantages
Advantages of Intel Rapid Storage Technology
- Improved Security: With the help of this technology, it enhances the security of computer storage devices by blocking all unauthorized users from asking for passwords to steal the information of storage drivers. This is a significant advantage of Intel Rapid Storage Technology because whenever we activate this technology, it requires a security password that protects the data from unwanted loss and malware attacks on the storage drivers.
- Less Power Consumption: As I mentioned in the starting paragraph of these articles, Intel RST consumes less power consumption, either with single or multiple storage drivers. So that this technology will improve the battery condition of the laptop to a great extent.
- Easier Data Recovery: With the help of this technology, we can quickly recover data easily, without feeling any data loss, because this technology can soon recover 500 GB of data within half an hour, which is way faster.
- User interface: This technology enables you to navigate very quickly because it provides a straightforward user interface that improves the system’s functionality.
- Protects Data: With the help of this technology, it enables copies of data from one storage device to another so that in case of any Data failure, it will protect our Data.
These are some of the main advantages of using Intel Rapid Storage Technology.
Disadvantages of Intel Rapid Storage Technology
As I described earlier in the last paragraph, every technology has its own merits and demerits.
- Doesn’t Work on HDD: This technology cannot be used if the system contains only HDD in the storage drivers. This technology’s major drawback is that it only works on HDD Storage systems.
- Supports Only SATA Storage Drives: This technology only supports SATA Storage Drives, so it doesn’t work with NVMe or PCIe SSDs.
- Only supports Intel-Powered Computer: This technology supports only intel computers because this technology is created by intel. So any other computer that doesn’t help intel cannot use this technology.
This are the some of the minor disadvantages of Intel Rapid Storage Technology.
Read more: How to Powermash a Chromebook